Equinox: Recharge and celebrateThis Thursday, 23rd September marks the end of summer and the beginning of autumn in the northern hemisphere – the autumn equinox, where there is (almost) an equal amount of light and darkness everyone in the world. For me, it feels like this is the time for nestling down and preparing to rest and recover. It reminds us of the importance of looking after ourselves and of being kind. And it’s a great opportunity to bring a different energy to our connection with nature, different to the forward, outward and fast energy of spring – a regenerative slower, inward energy which allows us to take care of ourselves.
At this time of year, I find myself intuitively:
- Getting more early nights and plenty of rest. This year, I’ve made a promise to myself not to try to continue at the pace of summer but to adjust the rhythm of my days to support what I need – a slower pace for sure.
- Taking more walks out in the nature and making the most of the golden light. As I write this, the sun is still relatively high in the sky and I know that once the clocks change, this is much easier said than done! It feels like an act of kindness to myself to honour what I need so I will stick to it. I have to.
- Shifting what I eat to a nourishing diet of seasonal food (soup, casseroles, Buddha bowls).
- Accepting changes to my energy, my body and what I need. This feels much more congruent than telling myself I’ve failed if I can’t keep up with what I was up to in the spring and summer.
- Holding goals lightly and taking more time to reflect, recharge and focus on what feels aligned and important.
- Celebrating – the small stuff and the big stuff – relationships, noticings, achievements, honouring what matters.
- Paying attention to what feels self-nourishing and nurturing and choosing to do that.
Jo Walley and I would like to invite you to join us for a day to Recharge and Celebrate. You can find more information and a booking form here. There is an early bird offer until the end of September 2022 and a special rate for anyone who has done an accredited coach training with me or who is part of Jo’s TRUE Leader’s Community or my Consciously Connected Coaching Collective.